Friday, October 22, 2010

October Birthday

Hey Bunny,
Your 2nd cosmic birthday past about a week ago (10/14).  We're still missing you an awful lot.  Winter is coming.  The Fall has been beautiful, but short.  At least I think so--it snowed a tentative amount today and it IS cold, but the next few days are supposed to warm up to 60.   Who can figure it out? 
We're pretty OK in Sandgate.  We had some art shows in the schoolhouse.  The Mears place is getting fixed up.  Mr. Mears died and rumor has it that he gave the place to his caretakers.  So, it looks different when you drive out of town now.  And coming into town, there were 3 big trees that stood before Willy Lomberg's place which were cut down--gosh it looks so different.  Those trees used to hold the ground down (visually) and now you almost feel like you (and the house) could fly off the road.   That yellow house is perched on a pretty steep hill.  I wonder if I'll ever get used to seeing it this way.  Guess I'm getting old.
The last news is that the phone company is promising that high speed everything is coming to Sandgate by Christmas!  Should we believe?
love
g

1 comment:

  1. I just learned today that Bunny had died. I had gone to Boston Museum School with lothar and was a close friend of his and kept in touch with Holiday greetings and strangely it was about 5 years after he died that Bunny wrote me a detailed message about how he had gotten cancer and how he died, I guess because I had continued to address my holiday messages to both of them but I still kept in touch with Bunny through post and emails then it stopped and today as I somethings do I did a search and found her obituary and it was too late to post so I posted on this site. I would be willing to talk to any of the friends or family who might want to know about the early days in the Museum school. I was actually contacted by the daughter of the girl who painted next to Lothar in second year painting, after which he quit Museum school. I can still picture where each person painted and their paintings. I painted next to Ian James a tall Canadian painter who was friends with both Lothar and myself. In fact at the time Lother, Ian, and Buddy Blacklock shared an apartment in Boston where I once went with my future wife Mary McMahon. I have been visiting Phoenix Arizona for a month around Christmas time and I notice that Bunny's daughter lives near there. In any case I am Eugene Solot and can be reached at mfevs@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete